LISTO trains and supports public school principals in Mexico. LISTO is a two-year, 326-hour program with 50 principals in each group. By partnering with the Department of Education, LISTO promotes the systematic change of the school management environment.
For every participant, LISTO creates a “leadership diagnostic” and measures the transformation of each principal’s leadership style throughout the program, evaluating the prevailing culture at each school in order to create a personalized intervention plan. LISTO principals attend in-person workshops that provide training in strategic planning, best practices in school management, and transformative leadership.
The principals also receive virtual and in-person individualized coaching, and have on-site school visits. Through an online platform, they bridge theory and practice, evaluate their progress, and implement strategic plans. Through the online platform, they can communicate with other LISTO principals and share best practices.
The LISTO program consists of:
- 1-week introductory course and retreat
- In-person trainings
- Virtual learning community
- Individual coaching sessions
- School visits and evaluations
Worldfund has contracted independent firms since 2009 to conduct comprehensive pre- and post-program studies with teachers, parents, and students. VALORA evaluations revealed that LISTO training clearly helps principals lead more effectively, by providing practical skills and follow-up coaching.
2015 Impact Evaluation Results from BHR Consultores:
- 84% of LISTO trained leaders consider the format of the program effective
- LISTO helps schools improve their performance on standardized tests
- LISTO captures the attention and interest of its participants
- LISTO participants perform well and are committed to graduating
2016 Impact Evaluation Results from The George Washington University found that:
- LISTO schools perform better than non-LISTO schools on Mexico’s National Assessment of Academic Achievement (ENLACE), a standardized test administered to almost 15.7 million students.
LISTO: Coaching and workshops to inspire leadership among public school principals in Mexico
- Launched in: 2009
- Number of Mexican states participating: 12
- Number of schools reached: 2,969
- Number of principals trained: 2,179
- Number of students impacted: 2,472,589
Worldfund is thankful for the generous support for LISTO, provided by:
- The Maitri Trust
- Tenaris Tamsa
- The Cummins Foundation
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Fundación Coppel